Update on Reference by the Lord Advocate
Update on Reference by the Lord Advocate of devolution issues under paragraph 34 of Schedule 6 to the Scotland Act 1998 UKSC 2022/0098
After consideration of the application filed on behalf of Scottish National Party (SNP) seeking permission to intervene in this Reference
The Court Ordered that:
1) the application be granted by way of written submissions only limited to 20 pages and avoiding repetition of the Lord Advocate's arguments. These submission to be filed no later than 21 September 2022.
2) permission be granted to the parties to produce written responses, each limited to 20 pages, within 14 days of service of the SNP's written submissions.
Notes to editors:
1) The parties are The Lord Advocate and The Advocate General.
2) The hearing will be held on the 11th and 12th of October. Media arrangements will be confirmed approximately a week before the hearing begins.
For media enquiries, and to subscribe to updates about this case, contact the Supreme Court press office via Sophia.LinehanBiggs@supremecourt.uk, Janet.Coull-Trisic@supremecourt.uk, and Cloe.Ofori@supremecourt.uk.
- Hearing date for the reference by the Lord Advocate (issued on 21 July 2022)
- Update on the reference by the Lord Advocate (issued on 19 July 2022)
- Reference by the Lord Advocate to the Supreme Court (issued on 28 June 2022)