Open Days and Open House London Weekend
- Friday 18 September - 0930 to 1630
Come and explore the highest court in the land!
The Supreme Court will be hosting several Open Days throughout the summer months. These events are completely free. With a packed programme of activities lined-up, there's something for everyone, so don't miss out!
Programme highlights on these special days:
- Visit three beautiful courtrooms and explore the building's extensive artwork collection. Don't miss our rather funky bespoke, pop-art carpet created by the godfather of pop-art himself, Sir Peter Blake.
- Explore rarely seen parts of the building which are not normally on show, including the magnificent triple-height Library, which is a hidden gem not usually open to the public.
- Browse the exhibition area, where you can learn more about the Supreme Court, the cases it hears, and the history of its building.
- Listen to talks from experienced members of staff who will give insights into the work of the Court.
- Take part in a range of activities for younger visitors, including arts and crafts, a dress-up box and our popular 'Legal Eagle Trail'.
- Watch a short film that introduces the role of the Supreme Court in the Lawyer's Suite, overlooking Parliament Square.
- Attend one of our interactive workshops - advanced booking recommended (click on the links directly below).
Talks and tours
Throughout the day, Court staff will deliver a series of informal talks and tours. Topics will include the restoration and conservation of the building, how to become a lawyer and recruitment at the Supreme Court. The Chief Executive will also be talking about his role.
If all this sounds like thirsty work, rest assured that we have a lovely café that serves hot and cold drinks in addition to a wide range of fresh sandwiches, salads and baked goods. Special offers will be available throughout the summer.
Open Days are free and places at events and activities are designated on a first-come, first-served basis unless otherwise stated.
If the Court reaches capacity we will allow access on a one-in, one-out basis.
Please note, photography will take place throughout the day.
Open House London Weekend
- Saturday 19 September - 1000 to 1700 (last entry at 1615)
- Sunday 20 September - 1000 to 1700 (last entry at 1615)
The Supreme Court is also taking part in Open House London, offering the visitors the opportunity to visit our building out of our normal business hours. On these days, visitors will be able to visit the courtrooms, the library and the Lawyers' Suite. We will be screening a film introducing the work of the court at regular intervals and there will be creative activities for younger visitors.
Our doors will be open from 10:00 to 17:00 (last entry at 16:15), and entrance is free. Our cafe and gift shop on the lower ground floor will be open during these hours.
Please note that the event has been very popular in past years (often with queues of around 20 minutes to gain access to the building) and we would encourage you to arrive early, certainly well ahead of 16:15, to avoid disappointment.