Panel numbers criteria
Criteria to be used when considering whether more than five Justices should sit on a panel.
- If the Court is being asked to depart, or may decide to depart from a previous decision.
- A case of high constitutional importance.
- A case of great public importance.
- A case where a conflict between decisions in the House of Lords, Judicial Committee of the Privy Council and/or the Supreme Court has to be reconciled.
- A case raising an important point in relation to the European Convention on Human Rights.